Close Menu
Imperial WireImperial Wire
    What's Hot

    Venezuela’s Rodriguez, Colombia’s Petro say they will meet ‘soon’

    February 19, 2026

    I use this affordable JBL turntable at home and I can’t recommend it highly enough for anyone putting together their first hi-fi system

    February 19, 2026

    Mark Zuckerberg said he reached out to Apple CEO Tim Cook to discuss ‘wellbeing of teens and kids’

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
    Trending
    • Venezuela’s Rodriguez, Colombia’s Petro say they will meet ‘soon’
    • I use this affordable JBL turntable at home and I can’t recommend it highly enough for anyone putting together their first hi-fi system
    • Mark Zuckerberg said he reached out to Apple CEO Tim Cook to discuss ‘wellbeing of teens and kids’
    • Meta’s Mark Zuckerberg faces questioning at youth addiction trial
    • Ultimate Spider-Man’s Triumphant Ending Proves Marvel Canceled The Ultimate Universe Too Soon – SlashFilm
    • Who will top group B? Sri Lanka face Zimbabwe before Super 8s | Cricket News – The Times of India
    • UK Weather: 50 days of rain in Cardinham to be confirmed by Met Office
    • Sam Altman, Bill Gates, Mukesh Ambani: List of key speakers at India AI Impact Summit 2026 today | Company Business News
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Imperial WireImperial Wire
    Post Your Story
    Thursday, February 19
    • Home
    • Epstein Files
    • Featured
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • Education
      • Healthcare
    • Global News
    • India News
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    Imperial WireImperial Wire
    • Home
    • Epstein Files
    • Global News
    • India News
    • Business
    • Share Market & Crypto
    • Gaming
    • Sports
    • Finance
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    Home»Global News

    One year on, No Other Land co-director says Israeli attacks intensifying

    Admin - Shubham SagarBy Admin - Shubham SagarFebruary 16, 2026 Global News No Comments4 Mins Read
    One year on, No Other Land co-director says Israeli attacks intensifying
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Nearly a year since the Palestinian-Israeli film No Other Land won an Academy Award, its co-director, Hamdan Ballal, says Israeli settler attacks on the cluster of occupied West Bank villages known as Masafer Yatta have only gotten worse, as those involved in the documentary bear the brunt of Israeli reprisals.

    The latest bout of violence came on Sunday, when Israeli settlers stormed Ballal’s hometown of Susya, despite an Israeli court ruling designating the area around his home as closed to non-residents. Israeli army officers called by the family to enforce the ruling, issued two weeks prior, sided with the attackers.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    “The ruling was supposed to make things better for us, but the opposite happened,” Ballal told Al Jazeera on Monday. “Israeli authorities did nothing to enforce the decision, but joined the settlers in the attack.”

    One of his brothers was held in a chokehold by an army officer and later hospitalised with breathing difficulties. Four other relatives – two brothers, a nephew, and a cousin – were detained for several hours as they arrived at the scene. They have all since been released.

    The Palestinian film director said his family was ambushed by the same Israeli settler who led an attack against him as he returned from the Oscar ceremony in Los Angeles last March. Then, he had been taken away in a blindfold by a group of Israeli settlers and army officers and released a day later with injuries to his head and stomach, leading to global condemnation.

    Ballal said the retaliation for the documentary has since been directed against his family, rather than himself, to avoid media attention. His relatives have been routinely prevented from grazing sheep and ploughing the land. At times, they have been arrested, questioned about his work and whereabouts, or intimidated to vacate their homes.

    “My family is paying because of me; because I shared the movie and I shared the truth,” he said.

    The film, which won the Oscar for best documentary on March 2, follows Palestinian journalist Basel Adra and Israeli journalist Yuval Abraham as they try to protect Palestinian homes amid tensions with settlers in Masafer Yatta in the South Hebron Hills. Israeli filmmaker Rachel Szor also shares directing credits.

    Israeli settlers in the area often graze their animals on Palestinian land to assert control, signal unrestricted access, and lay the groundwork for establishing illegal outposts, cutting Palestinians off from their farms and livestock.

    The Israeli army argues that it has to demolish the Palestinian villages to convert the area into a military “firing” or training zone. It did not respond to Al Jazeera’s request for comment on Sunday’s incident.

    Across the occupied West Bank, Israel’s far-right coalition government, led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, has been openly promoting new measures to expand Israeli control over the Palestinian territory.

    Most recently, it announced the resumption of the land registration processes for the first time since 1967, which Israeli rights groups say will accelerate the dispossession and displacement of Palestinians in violation of international law.

    ‘Right to live’

    Ballal’s family has not been the only one to pay the price for the acclaimed documentary.

    Adra, the Palestinian protagonist in the film, had his home in at-Tawani raided by the Israeli army in September, after clashes broke out with a group of Israeli settlers that trespassed in his olive grove.

    In July, Awdah Hathaleen, an activist, football player and a consultant for No Other Land, was shot dead, in the chest, in the village of Umm al-Khair. The father of three was a key figure in non-violent resistance against settler violence in Masafer Yatta. His assailant, Israeli settler Yinon Levi, later said, “I’m glad I did it,” according to witnesses.

    Ballal said he does not hesitate to describe these attacks as being “terrorist”, as they leave the Palestinian community in Masafer Yatta constantly fearing for their safety.

    “It’s a simple right for Palestinians to feel safe in their homes,” he told Al Jazeera. “We are scared; we are in danger, and it’s been like this for a long time.”

    “International law doesn’t work for Palestinians,” he continued. “But we are human, and we have a right to live.”

    Source link
    #year #Land #codirector #Israeli #attacks #intensifying

    attacks codirector Imperial Wire intensifying Israeli land Public News World News year
    Admin - Shubham Sagar
    • Website

    Admin & Senior Editor at Imperial Wire covering global news...

    Keep Reading

    Venezuela’s Rodriguez, Colombia’s Petro say they will meet ‘soon’

    Mark Zuckerberg said he reached out to Apple CEO Tim Cook to discuss ‘wellbeing of teens and kids’

    Meta’s Mark Zuckerberg faces questioning at youth addiction trial

    Ultimate Spider-Man’s Triumphant Ending Proves Marvel Canceled The Ultimate Universe Too Soon – SlashFilm

    Who will top group B? Sri Lanka face Zimbabwe before Super 8s | Cricket News – The Times of India

    UK Weather: 50 days of rain in Cardinham to be confirmed by Met Office

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    PSU rally shows momentum, but strategic picks remain in defence and power: Dharmesh Kant

    February 17, 2026

    Adam Silver to consider changing draft lottery, revoking picks to stop tanking

    February 14, 2026

    NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds | Deadspin.com

    February 14, 2026

    Finest VPN Service for 2026 Our Prime Picks in a Tight Race – Imperial Wire

    February 13, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Imperial Wire News logo - Reliable global updates and industry insights
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • Astrology
    • Business
    • Consulting
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Finance
    • Food

    News

    • Gaming
    • Global News
    • Healthcare
    • India News
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Share Market & Crypto
    • Sports

    Company

    • Technology
    • Travel
    • Money
    • Europe
    • UK News
    • US Politics

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    vGet the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Imperial Wire News | Reserved by Webixnet Pvt. Ltd..
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.