Close Menu
Imperial WireImperial Wire
    What's Hot

    Trump administration expands ICE authority to detain refugees

    February 19, 2026

    Ranji Trophy: Jammu and Kashmir dare to dream under pressure – A big leap long in the making | Cricket News – The Times of India

    February 19, 2026

    No hospital in Faridabad and Gurgaon has dedicated burn ward, fire that injured 37 people highlights gaps

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
    Trending
    • Trump administration expands ICE authority to detain refugees
    • Ranji Trophy: Jammu and Kashmir dare to dream under pressure – A big leap long in the making | Cricket News – The Times of India
    • No hospital in Faridabad and Gurgaon has dedicated burn ward, fire that injured 37 people highlights gaps
    • Dau gefnder 13 oed yn cychwyn papur bro newydd yng Ngwynedd
    • Kuwait road rage crackdown: 45 reckless drivers arrested, 19 teens referred in nationwide safety campaign – The Times of India
    • UPSC CSE, IFS 2026 registration ends on February 24: Check direct link to apply and key details here – The Times of India
    • Lampard Praises Frank Onyeka After Impressive Coventry City Debut | SportsRation
    • Indian Sikh Called Dog, Nose Broken In Racial Attack At Australian Gym
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Imperial WireImperial Wire
    Post Your Story
    Thursday, February 19
    • Home
    • Epstein Files
    • Featured
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • Education
      • Healthcare
    • Global News
    • India News
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    Imperial WireImperial Wire
    • Home
    • Epstein Files
    • Global News
    • India News
    • Business
    • Share Market & Crypto
    • Gaming
    • Sports
    • Finance
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    Home»Global News

    US deploys 100 soldiers to Nigeria as attacks by armed groups surge

    Admin - Shubham SagarBy Admin - Shubham SagarFebruary 16, 2026 Global News No Comments3 Mins Read
    US deploys 100 soldiers to Nigeria as attacks by armed groups surge
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The US soldiers will not have a combat role and are to operate under the full command authority of Nigeria’s military.

    Published On 16 Feb 202616 Feb 2026

    Share

    The United States has sent 100 military personnel to northern Nigeria to train and advise local forces, as deadly threats rise from armed groups such as Boko Haram and ISIL (ISIS)-linked factions.

    Samaila Uba, Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters spokesman, confirmed the US troops’ arrival in the northeastern area of Bauchi on Monday.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 4 itemsend of list

    He said they will provide “technical support” and “intelligence sharing” to help target and defeat “terrorist organisations”. The US also sent “associated equipment” to support the mission.

    Uba stressed that the US soldiers will not play a direct combat role, but will share technical expertise under the full command authority of Nigerian forces.

    “The armed forces of Nigeria remain fully committed to degrading and defeating terrorist organisations that threaten the country’s sovereignty, national security, and the safety of its citizens,” said the military spokesman in comments carried by Nigeria’s Premium Times newspaper.

    Last weekend, gunmen on motorcycles rampaged through three villages in northern Nigeria, killing at least 46 people and abducting many others. The bloodiest attack happened in the village of Konkoso, in Niger State, where at least 38 people were shot dead or had their throats slit.

    Protracted fight

    The US deployment follows an easing of tensions that flared between Washington and Nigeria late last year, when US President Donald Trump accused the country of failing to stop killings against Christians and threatened to intervene militarily.

    The Nigerian government has rejected Trump’s accusation, and analysts say people across all faiths, not just Christians, are victims of armed groups’ violence

    In December, US forces launched air strikes on ISIL-affiliated fighters in the country’s northwest. Last month, following discussions with Nigerian authorities in Abuja, the head of US Africa Command confirmed that a small team of US military officers were in Nigeria, focused on intelligence support.

    Nigeria is facing a protracted fight with dozens of local armed groups increasingly battling for turf, including the homegrown Boko Haram and its breakaway faction, the ISIL affiliate in West Africa Province (ISWAP).

    There is also the ISIL-linked Lakurawa, as well as other “bandit” groups that specialise in kidnapping for ransom and illegal mining.

    Recently, the crisis worsened to include other fighters from the neighbouring Sahel region, including the Jama’at Nusrat al-Islam wal-Muslimin, which claimed its first attack on Nigerian soil last year.

    Several thousand people in Nigeria have been killed, according to data from the United Nations.

    While Christians have been among those targeted, analysts and residents say the majority of victims of the armed groups are Muslims in the Muslim-dominated north, where most attacks occur.

    Nigeria’s 240 million people are evenly split between Christians, mainly in the south, ‌and Muslims, mostly in the north.

    Source link
    #deploys #soldiers #Nigeria #attacks #armed #groups #surge

    Armed attacks deploys Groups Imperial Wire Nigeria Public News soldiers surge World News
    Admin - Shubham Sagar
    • Website

    Admin & Senior Editor at Imperial Wire covering global news...

    Keep Reading

    Trump administration expands ICE authority to detain refugees

    Ranji Trophy: Jammu and Kashmir dare to dream under pressure – A big leap long in the making | Cricket News – The Times of India

    No hospital in Faridabad and Gurgaon has dedicated burn ward, fire that injured 37 people highlights gaps

    Dau gefnder 13 oed yn cychwyn papur bro newydd yng Ngwynedd

    Kuwait road rage crackdown: 45 reckless drivers arrested, 19 teens referred in nationwide safety campaign – The Times of India

    Lampard Praises Frank Onyeka After Impressive Coventry City Debut | SportsRation

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    PSU rally shows momentum, but strategic picks remain in defence and power: Dharmesh Kant

    February 17, 2026

    Adam Silver to consider changing draft lottery, revoking picks to stop tanking

    February 14, 2026

    NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds | Deadspin.com

    February 14, 2026

    Finest VPN Service for 2026 Our Prime Picks in a Tight Race – Imperial Wire

    February 13, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Imperial Wire News logo - Reliable global updates and industry insights
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • Astrology
    • Business
    • Consulting
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Finance
    • Food

    News

    • Gaming
    • Global News
    • Healthcare
    • India News
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Share Market & Crypto
    • Sports

    Company

    • Technology
    • Travel
    • Money
    • Europe
    • UK News
    • US Politics

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    vGet the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Imperial Wire News | Reserved by Webixnet Pvt. Ltd..
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.