Close Menu
Imperial WireImperial Wire
    What's Hot

    ‘The constraint lies in grid headroom’: EV experts explain why we don’t have the curb-side chargers we desperately need

    February 22, 2026

    Winter Olympics 2026: Zoe Atkin wins halfpipe bronze for Team GB’s fifth medal

    February 22, 2026

    At least one killed in widescale Russian attacks on Ukraine’s energy sector

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Threads
    Trending
    • ‘The constraint lies in grid headroom’: EV experts explain why we don’t have the curb-side chargers we desperately need
    • Winter Olympics 2026: Zoe Atkin wins halfpipe bronze for Team GB’s fifth medal
    • At least one killed in widescale Russian attacks on Ukraine’s energy sector
    • India delays Washington trade visit as U.S. tariff policy shifts, source tells CNBC
    • Renewed push for Garo in Eighth Schedule
    • Deadspin | Streaky Clippers dealing with issues with Magic up next
    • Sports – France takes home biathlon and ski mountaineering golds on penultimate day of Olympics
    • Against All Odds | ‘You can find an oasis even in chaos’: a life built sentence by sentence
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Imperial WireImperial Wire
    Post Your Story
    Sunday, February 22
    • Home
    • Epstein Files
      • Access Epstein Files
      • Access Epstein Mails
      • Acsess Epstein Videos
    • Featured
      • Sports
      • Technology
      • Education
      • Healthcare
    • Global News
    • India News
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Contact
    Imperial WireImperial Wire
    • Home
    • Epstein Files
    • Global News
    • India News
    • Business
    • Share Market & Crypto
    • Gaming
    • Sports
    • Finance
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    Home»Sports

    Andrew McDonald: Australia under fire after disastrous T20 World Cup – ‘Aura no longer there’ | Cricket News – The Times of India

    AvinashBy AvinashFebruary 22, 2026 Sports No Comments3 Mins Read
    Andrew McDonald: Australia under fire after disastrous T20 World Cup – ‘Aura no longer there’ | Cricket News – The Times of India
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    'Aura no longer there': 'Devastated' Australia under fire after disastrous T20 World Cup
    Australia’s Travis Head, center, along with his teammates during the T20 World Cup cricket match between Australia and Zimbabwe in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Friday, Feb. 13, 2026. (AP Photo)

    Australia coach Andrew McDonald has defended the squad he selected for the Twenty20 World Cup, saying the players were capable of progressing, but Australia now face the prospect of a rebuild ahead of co-hosting the next edition with New Zealand in 2028.The 2021 champions entered the tournament in India and Sri Lanka as contenders but were eliminated in the group stage for the first time since 2009. The early exit has drawn criticism from former players and sections of the media.Fast-bowling great Glenn McGrath pointed to the absence of Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc as a key weakness.

    T20 World Cup: Afghanistan coach Jonathan Trott’s emotional press conference

    “We said at the start of this World Cup that we were concerned about Australia,” pace great Glenn McGrath told reporters, pointing to the absence of fast bowlers Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc as exposing a soft underbelly.“All of a sudden, the aura of that Australian team is no longer there when other teams play it … unfortunately, not surprising.”Concerns had already surfaced in the lead-up when Australia lost all three matches against Pakistan by 22, 90 and 111 runs — the last two being their biggest defeats by runs in T20 internationals. At the time, captain Mitchell Marsh said: “Absolutely no stress from our end.” The mood later shifted to “It’s a devastated group” after defeats to Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka.Selectors George Bailey, McDonald and Tony Dodemaide were criticised for backing out-of-form all-rounders Cameron Green and Cooper Connolly, for not picking Steve Smith, and for dropping Matt Renshaw for the Sri Lanka match while still in contention.Former selector Mark Waugh also questioned the choices.“Look at the selections, look at (Glenn) Maxwell, Connolly, Green and (Josh) Inglis, these guys are all out of form,” lamented Mark Waugh, himself a former selector.“The selectors have their plans in place, but you’ve got to be smart enough to see which players are in form and which players are out of form.“And you’ve got to play the percentages a lot better than what our selectors have played.”McDonald rejected outside criticism, saying: “There was always going to be differing opinions from the outside,” adding that outsiders “don’t understand what the moving parts are and the conversations are on the inside”.A review of the campaign will begin after the team returns home. Only three members of the current squad — Green, Connolly and fast bowler Xavier Bartlett — will be under 30 by the next World Cup. The futures of senior players such as Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Hazlewood and Cummins remain unclear, while Starc has already retired from T20 internationals.

    Source link
    #Andrew #McDonald #Australia #fire #disastrous #T20 #World #Cup #Aura #longer #Cricket #News #Times #India

    Andrew Aura Australia Cricket Cup disastrous fire Imperial Wire India Longer McDonald news Public News T20 Times World World News
    Avinash

    Keep Reading

    Winter Olympics 2026: Zoe Atkin wins halfpipe bronze for Team GB’s fifth medal

    At least one killed in widescale Russian attacks on Ukraine’s energy sector

    India delays Washington trade visit as U.S. tariff policy shifts, source tells CNBC

    Renewed push for Garo in Eighth Schedule

    Deadspin | Streaky Clippers dealing with issues with Magic up next

    Sports – France takes home biathlon and ski mountaineering golds on penultimate day of Olympics

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Editors Picks

    Toronto FC picks up winger Daniel Salloi from Sporting Kansas City

    February 20, 2026

    PSU rally shows momentum, but strategic picks remain in defence and power: Dharmesh Kant

    February 17, 2026

    Adam Silver to consider changing draft lottery, revoking picks to stop tanking

    February 14, 2026

    NBA All-Star Game Betting Preview: Best Picks for World vs. USA and MVP Odds | Deadspin.com

    February 14, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    Imperial Wire News logo - Reliable global updates and industry insights
    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    News

    • Astrology
    • Business
    • Consulting
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Finance
    • Food

    News

    • Gaming
    • Global News
    • Healthcare
    • India News
    • Politics
    • Science
    • Share Market & Crypto
    • Sports

    Company

    • Technology
    • Travel
    • Money
    • Europe
    • UK News
    • US Politics

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    vGet the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    © 2026 Imperial Wire News | Reserved by Webixnet Pvt. Ltd..
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.